Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Your Life is An Occasion...Rise to it.

I'm going to write a book. Several, actually. I'll let you know when I've finished one.

And I'm going to be happy. I'm sick of moping.

And I'm not going to grow up. I've seen what it does to people.

I will stop and pick up rocks. I will lie on my stomach in the dirt and watch ants run in and out of their hills. I'm going to enjoy what's left of the snow. I'm going to read books for pure enjoyment, as opposed to self-education. I will ignore rude comments, or I will make sickeningly pleasant ones back. And having freshly shined shoes will always make me smile. Babies will always come first on the list.

6 comments:

Tom and Jen said...

Cheers to that!
I'll get started right away...as soon as we get some sleep.

Aethelflaed said...

Sleep is good. :)

Christina said...

Credo.

Anonymous said...

http://www.histo-couch.de/gear-gear.html

Read that!!!!

*ggg*

Best wishes,
Jackie

Aethelflaed said...

Oh my gosh, that's incredible! That woman stole my life! It's funny, her husband worked for Western Wyoming College...that is in the town where I work right now, and we send some of our artifacts to their repository once we have cataloged them. :) I'll have to ask around and see if anyone has heard of them.

Aethelflaed said...

Funny. I just got an email back from the guy I work with. He says he actually knew them when he was a kid. (For those of you who didn't follow the above link, or don't read German, I'm talking about a pair of Wyoming archaeologist/authors.)