Monday, March 24, 2008

Ug

I don't want to go to work tomorrow. I just had a very nice few days off, and I'm expecting to go back to having absolutely nothing to do. I wouldn't mind, if only I knew I would be able to keep busy, but I'll probably be staring out the window again, unless the college has sent us more cataloging.
Anyway, so that's the complaint section. I went to Rachel's for Easter, and had tons of fun. I got to go to her knitting/crocheting group and meet peoples, and we went to supper with Andrew, and visited with Rita for awhile, ate more good food than I usually have in an entire week, went walking in Spearfish Canyon AND went to Flanagans, the uber-cool Irish pub downtown. Went to Mass 3 times, it being Holy Week, and the Lutheran Easter service as well. Ooh, and I got my head put back on straight by the chiropractor, which is a good thing, and got my car fixed, and a tour of the tortilla factory. Watched movies, swapped CD's, and made book recommendations. And came home with another writing project. :P
Oh! And I nearly forgot, silly me. On the drive up there, I stopped at Independence Rock. It's the halfway point on the Oregon Trail between the Missouri River and the Pacific Ocean. The wagon trains usually ended up there in early July, hence it's name, and there are hundreds upon hundreds of names carved on it. You can climb up to the top as well, which was really, really cool. You can just look and look and LOOK in all directions from up there, and everywhere you step is someone's name in the rock. It's incredible. Some of the modern ones are just as interesting as those from 150 years or so ago. Like the one I found with a man's name carved in the rock, the year 1969, and the peace symbol carved below it. I've got loads of pictures, and if I don't get them uploaded here, they will be on my facebook page. If you're not on facebook and want to see pictures, lemme know, and I'll send ya the link to my photos. Maybe I just need to start a flikr account.

2 comments:

rachel said...

you think you had tons of fun! without you, there could be no adventures of aethelflaed and arnora -or- the day we went crazy! ;)

Aethelflaed said...

It wouldn't be the same if it was "The Adventures of Just Aethelflaed" or "The Adventures of Just Arnora", now would it?