Monday, March 3, 2008

15 more days till I see my Rachel!

I had so much fun this weekend. We helped a co-worker and his German wife move into their new house. I think I was just glad that it was nice out, I wasn't at work, I was outside, and actually doing something. It makes a big difference. The night before we were all at Wade's having a Leap Year party (any excuse will work). Everyone else was down in the basement playing cards, but he and I and my roomie were upstairs discussing trade beads. I love beads. It was a good conversation. I am envious of that collection he's got.

Today, on the other hand, was one of the most humdrum yet. It's very frustrating, because we have been cataloging artifacts all winter, and the Head Honcho has been talking about doing a winter excavation for some time now...but we are running out of cataloging, the only thing that keeps us busy in the winter, he hasn't even begun doing the paperwork for said excavation, which can take about a month to get cleared by the BLM, and we are all dragging our feet, trying to make the work last as long as we can. I do believe that only one person out of all of us actually has real work left to do that's not just busy work. It makes it really, really, REALLY hard to want to get up and go to work in the morning.

2 comments:

rachel said...

yay jessica! (or maybe jucica...)

Anonymous said...

That sounds really frustrating.
I hope you can do some work soon that will make it easier to get up in the morning. But I know this motivation problem, I have it sometimes by myself.

Best wishes,
your,
Jackie