Friday, September 25, 2009

Exciting News!

Exciting for me, that is, and for some of my acquaintances as well. You've probably heard about the Anglo-Saxon treasure hoard that's been found just recently. It's been all over the internet. I'm almost, but not quite surprised that it wasn't on the local evening news. :P If you hear anything new and juicy, I would love to know about it. I mean, I've seen all the woefully bland press release articles; I mean if you hear of any such thing as an official archaeology/museum report or catalog coming out, or something on that order. Or some good pictures with a sort of detailed summary.

I'm really excited about this whole thing, because I'm a dork, and because this falls exactly in my SCA persona time period--right smack dab in the end of the 7th, to beginning of the 8th C. If I had the money I'd be on a plane right now to go see it!

I've been collecting links since yesterday, so if you are interested, I can send them off to you.

No comments: