Sunday, May 31, 2009

Update, I guess

I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea to post an update of sorts, since I haven't blogged in awhile, and it seems that I don't usually actually blog about what is going on in my life. I don't know if my life is interesting enough to post a blog update about, but I'll do it anyway.
It's summer. Yay. There would be an exclamation point there except that entire row of keys doesn't work on this keyboard. Except the 6 and 5 keys. See? And I'm too cheap to go and buy a new keyboard since this isn't even my computer. Sorry Rachel. Love ya, thanks for letting me borrow the "airplane." Anyway...summer...I'm planning on having tons of fun this summer, since last year's was, let's not lie, a bit dull. I spent the whole thing in hotels for work...which was kinda my fault, cuz I was being a dull, depressed and boring person last year, and didn't even feel like going anywhere on my own. BUT...this year, I don't care how much time we're away from home for work; I will go exploring whatever town we are in to keep from getting too bored. And I will do things on my weekends off...things like SCA events, biking--since I now have an awesome and spiffy new bike--, campfires--since I now have an awesome and spiffy new park sticker--and yes, even studying. I want to become super smart about nerdy things like Old English, and medieval geography, and the Sami, and herb gardens. So it is going to be a very good, busy, nerdy summer.
Lately I'm busy sewing. First I was helping Kaia make garb for the Other Rachel so she could have a pretty dress for her squire ceremony thing. She certainly looked pretty, so I'm glad I got to help out with that. Was also making garb for myself for Quest, since I've decided that One Dress is not quite enough garb for an Aethelflaed who has been doing this for over 5 years now. Still working on that goal, since Kaia and I are going to be going to a week long event in Missouri in a few weeks. Do you know where Smithville is, Sparkles? :D Also making a dress for the next Queen of Northshield; I have been enlisted to help supplement her wardrobe as well. I feel honored to have been asked. Sigh. I'm such a geek.
Other news, let's see...meine kleine schwester is living with Kaia and I for the summer, since she has a job up here in SF until classes start again. A wee bit crowded in our little flat, but everyone is getting along very well, happily. Hmm...and I'm also planning on trying to make the Viking event in Moorhead/Fargo in July. Uber excited about that, so I hope nothing comes up to ruin that plan.

I'm sure there's more, but this post is already getting a bit tall, so I'll stop for now, and just try to post a little more regularly.

Love ya's, take care,
Jessie

4 comments:

Christina said...

i have no idea where Smithville is but it better be close to Sparklesville. when ya comin' down??

:D

Aethelflaed said...

This Friday...we'll be down there for a week.

Christina said...

oh twert(word verification word).
smithville's on the other side of the state.
seriously, one of these days we're just going to have to find a way to make it work. for real.

Aethelflaed said...

Hmm...I need a map...