Friday, May 8, 2009

Shock

You know that horrible, unexpected flash of pain, and then that throbbing numbness in your brain that is followed by more pain, only not flashes, but constant, when you are bending over the sink, and stand up and hit your head on the cabinet really hard? There you are, minding your own business, when you are suddenly, unexpectedly attacked and are rendered completely immobile for a space of time that might be forever, or might just be a few seconds, it's really hard to say.

It's really getting old.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

That sounds awful. Are you actually hitting your head on the cabinet over the sink? Or just having awful head pains?

Aethelflaed said...

Sorry, that was metaphorical. I keep mentally and emotionally running into things. Evidently my psyche needs glasses.

Melissa said...

Ah, I see. That is perhaps even more awful than hitting your head on the cabinet over the sink.

Christina said...

i hope you don't mind that i'm definitely going to quote you on that one.

Aethelflaed said...

Quote me on which part? Of course that's okay; I'm vain enough that I love being quoted, but dear, I really hope you don't need to, because I was feeling pretty morbid that day.