Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's going to be a good day

One of the British boys who works in the archaeology lab is downstairs singing along very loudly and soulfully with whatever music it is that he's playing--I'm not sure, but it sounds like showtunes.

It makes me happy.

You really take what you can get around here to lift your spirits a little. I mean, I've been sitting here for going on 3 days now, just typing things, not even original things, just other people's field notes and such. So things like the British boys singing, all the stupid little jokes, the sarcastic comments people write in their field notes that I come across as I type them...it's appreciated! That's what it takes to keep me awake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are you right now?
I've lost track...:-(.

Aethelflaed said...

I'm sorry, I've lost track too, and haven't really been in touch! I'm working in the archaeology lab in Sioux Falls, the same place I worked at last summer.