Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Case of the Mundanes

To those of you who read this who are in the SCA: does "real life" ever feel like a Monday, no matter what day of the week it is, after a really good event? Cecil's Siege was far too short, and I'm having issues adjusting. It's really hard to sit at this stupid computer at work, and try to type map locations and field conditions into a table. Don't get me wrong; I know life can't be all SCA, and I wouldn't want it to be. I have far too many other hobbies and activities that I pursue. But for one weekend, I felt like I was home again, with new family and old friends around me, in a place I love, doing things I'm good at...it's not even about having fun, it's about having a place and a job that belongs to you. And now I'm back in a city that's completely foreign to me, just wondering if I'll ever have a place here that feels anything like my place at Home.

Love ya's,
Jessie

1 comment:

rachel said...

i know exactly what you mean. especially having moved to a new place and a new job etc...