Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Catch Up

Oh hey, I notice that I promised more on the Flogging Molly concert. Well, I think most of the people who usually read this blog have already heard about it. Briefly...it was awesome. It can't top the Gaelic Storm concert, but it was pretty dang close on the list. We were right up front, got tossed about in the mosh pit (and out of the mosh pit!), sang along and screamed til I was hoarse, danced with strange people I've never met, and got some random guy's phone number scribbled on the back of his business card. :P Great music, great crowd, great friends to share the road trip with.

In other news...hey, it's October now, and it's cold and rainy! I love it! The job search continues as the monotony and irritation at the current job increases. I'm going to actively make this place merely a footnote in my life...it'll take me from point A to point B, and that is all it's ever going to matter. It's NOT worth the stress!

Looking forward to the Griffin Needle Challenge in a few weeks. I am about 90% sure that I can be there. We still don't know what we are going to be making, but I'll bet it's going to be good!

Last weekend had Girl's Night Out with Kaia and Sam. We brought Travis along as our "chaperone"...we were all dressed up and pretty-ful, so someone had to protect us from the freaks. Besides, he said he really need to go out and drink, he'd had a bad week. Went to eat at Ruby Tuesday, then went to see Zombieland, which was actually, surprisingly, well worth the $8. Hilarious! Met up with Bernie there, who later went out to Club David with us. Also ran into Jerry and Rick, separately. Evidently it's a popular movie! Hung out at the bar for awhile, drinking, talking, laughing, playing pool. I was dd. No one got particularly drunk, which was good! Just enough to relax and loosen up.

Tonight's plans...make zucchini bread before that last zucchini says time is up, file my Siege report (I've been trying for weeks, but have been thwarted thru various different channels!), tackle the mending pile and pack for a short 2-day survey up by Sisseton. Will be back Thursday night.

No comments: