Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Progress, of a sort

I've been working more studiously lately on the dress for Her Highness...she's quickly going to be Her Majesty if I don't hurry up and finish! Anway, it's nearly done, I just have a few more seams to finish up, so they don't fray. I've opted to whip-stitch the edges, since I have a feeling the corners would be rather bulky if I tried french or flat-felled seams, since in some places there are at least 3 seams coming together at once, thanks to the gores. But the whip-stitching is turning out nicely, and looks like it's going to serve it's purpose. Score 1 me! I'm going to be so glad to be done with it! Another night or two of work should do it. I stayed up till 1 last night working on it though, and haven't been sleeping well lately to boot, so I'm exhausted today. I'll be lucky if I can make it till 9:00 tonight before I totally crash. Well, a good night's sleep tonight, and maybe tomorrow I will be ready to go full gear again!

No comments: