Monday, February 23, 2009

Attending Lent

So Lent is coming up, and I randomly had this brilliant idea to make it an event page on Facebook, and invite every single one of my "friends", whether I've talked to them in years or not, whether they're Catholic/Christian/atheist/agnostic, etc. to attend Lent. And make it necessary to RSVP. However, I then decided that I really have better things to do than screw around on Facebook, trying to figure out how to even make an event page in the first place, so I'm just going to tell you about this brilliant idea, and you can appreciate it that way. I may still do it if I get bored enough. We'll see.

Anyway, weird as it may seem, I actually enjoy lent. It's a time of renewal for me, a time when I can really think about my life and make a conscious effort to change for the better. To make sure I'm on the right track to the place I'm supposed to be, the Aethelflaed Place, in which I am the best person that I can be. This year for Lent, my offering will be to get out of bed in the morning. It seems an odd sort of offering. But I've been trying to do it for ages, and the only way I know I am going to do it is if it becomes a sort of sacrifice. I don't go back on my Lenten obligations. And I'm pretty sure that a lot of other things that I'd like to change about myself hinge on that...the lethargy that comes from a sluggish start to the day, the need for more time to accomplish things, the somewhat depressive attitude I seem to have recently taken towards things. I'm really looking forward to changing that. And I'm not really waiting for Lent to get started.