Thursday, January 29, 2009

To sleep, perchance to dream

I actually dreamt a dream last night that I remembered upon waking. Usually I just have very vague notions of even having dreamt at all, and am left with either horrible or uplifting impressions from them that stick with me all day. This time I remember it. No impressions influencing how my day goes, only the occasional urge to raise my eyebrows quizzically and say "what in the world?"
We were vampire hunting. Somehow this had become part of my job as an archaeologist. This vampire was known to be particularly attached to a certain place nearby, and all we had to do was drive over, stick a shovel in the ground and take out a shovelful of dirt. And he would be vanquished. (I don't pretend to have an explanation for this.) The funny thing is, it worked. We drove over there, 3 of us, one of my coworkers, a friend from high school who also suddenly, in my dream world, worked at the lab with me, and myself. Nonchalantly, no less. No one really cared that we were going to go vanquish an evil being, we were just astonished that all we had to do was stick a shovel in the dirt and go home. Which we did. Whereupon said vampire vanished in a cloud of dust and ash.
Bizarre.

And a slightly less bizarre piece of news...I've discovered a new band to add to my list of favorites. Everyone I know up here keeps talking "Tyr this, Tyr that." Well, I have finally listened to them, last night with Del. Oh my goodness. Fantastic. I can see this becoming another obssession, as with Gaelic Storm. Like I needed another. But I've heard them, now it's unavoidable. Must...purchase...CD....do you ever wonder if bands use subliminal messaging in their songs so that after listening you have an unexplainable urge to buy merchandise? Or are they really that good?

4 comments:

MissDoom said...

Can't believe that you haven't heard Tyr until now. crazy.

Jackie said...

Hehe, this sounds like the "Imothep"-thing in "The Mommy"!
Do you walk with oustrechted arms and not-seeing eyes to a CD store?

OMG, I have missed so much of your blog. It will take some time to catch up. I wish I could subscribe to it.

Jackie said...

Arrgh.
Mummy, of course. Evil keyboard...;-).

Aethelflaed said...

Hehe. I dunno, I kinda like "The Mommy." lol