Saturday, July 26, 2008

Can I go home now?

One is seemingly lost forever and it's devastating. Another asks questions from a friend. One that I had been asking about makes First Contact. Another is also lost, and strangely enough, I don't care. I don't know where I should be, or what I should do there even if I did know. I don't know what I'm doing here, either. And I can't help but ask myself, does it really matter where or what? As long as I do it? I need to go to bed and stop thinking.

I've been up in Brookings, SD, for those who don't know. Brookings is pretty nice, but I don't seem to know anyone up here, and it makes for lonely. Weeks upon weeks, seeing no one but co-workers, most of whom are certainly likeable enough, but they aren't my sisters or my brothers, except maybe one that I would rather wasn't quite. I love this job for now, probably for years, but I can't do it forever, and I can't help but think...but what else is there? Where did all the options go? I swear there were more last time I counted.

You should give me a call in the evening if you've got the time, because I'll betcha I do!

Luv,
Jessie

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I've decided that you should join me at the University of Bristol in the near future for some pleasant study with a friend. Please tell me what you think of this.
And it's ok, I know exactly how you feel.