Friday, April 3, 2009

Woolly

I finally made it to knitting night at Athena's Fibers again. Maedb, myself, and two others had previously decided to bring our spinning, because one of the girls wanted to learn. I'm glad I did, because I had a chance to ask Maedb about how to go about blocking yarn, and discovered that the way I had been told to do it is NOT the best way. So I'm looking forward to getting at that tomorrow afternoon and having usable, functioning yarn made by my own two hands. Excitement ensues. Maedb also gave me and Nadiya some of her wool roving that she'd dyed and decided she didn't need. So now I have more "toys" to play with. :D

I've been so horrifically lethargic this last winter, but I'm doing my best to get out of it, and hopefully just hanging out more with people who are also excited about doing anything will help.

I also realized tonight, coming home after going to church for the Stations of the Cross, that I really miss belonging to a church. I used to know everyone in my home parish, by sight if nothing else, and I was in the choir, and was expected to help at various church functions, etc. I really miss that these days, and am discovering that going to church just on Sundays and Holy Days isn't particularly fulfilling. I want to belong there again. I miss stopping to talk after services with people you know. I miss helping out with fundraisers. I miss the choir. So...I need to find a way to get involved and meet other people there.

1 comment:

rachel said...

did you check into the choir there yet? that might help. yay spinning! i can't wait to see how your yarn turns out!