Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Out of the Loop?

Oh my gosh. So Landon just happened to mention to me some random comment about "the Christmas Party" that's TOMORROW NIGHT!
What Christmas party?
The lab party.
There's a lab Christmas party?
Yes, I've known about it for months. Even the British kids have known about it forever. You didn't hear about it?
No. How did you hear about it?
It's just been known. I suppose they assumed you knew.
WTF!

Gotta love the way word gets around at the office. So he went and told the head honcho's in the office, came back, and handed me a flyer with info, and said "They feel really bad about it."

I laughed evilly. I'm glad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never knew about lab parties either, and this is pretty weird, considering for how long I had studied there. I mean, I had the idea that they exist, but if no-one bothered to tell me, I would have had no-one to spent time with.
So I never asked. They were spending my money on it. Money was collected from everyone, as a kind of "punishment", and later it was given to the students for a party, but I had never been to the parties. I only had to pay for other people's faults, through. I fsomething is not clean and they cannot find out who it was, the whole group is punished.
Well, it was not SO hard, it sounds worse than it was. I just wanted to assure you that it happens to others, too...;-).

Best wishes,
Jackie

Aethelflaed said...

I didn't go anyway...I told them I had plans to go to a friend's house...which was true, but I didn't make those plans until after I found out, so that I wouldn't have to go! :D