Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Welcome Addition to the Household

I have two new plants. We went to a co-worker and his wife's house last night for a house-warming party (we helped them move in a couple weeks ago). After profusely admiring her lovely plants, she gave me cuttings from two of them. One is a spider plant, the other is the kind that evidently looks like a philodendron, but isn't really a philodendron. I will call it a philodendron, not knowing the difference. :D They both sit on the kitchen table by the window; one in black currant jelly jar full of water; the other, in a pickled baby corn jar. I pull them out every few hours to check and see if they have sprouted. But not yet! I'll keep you updated. I'm very excited to have something living that needs to be taken care of again. I've named them Peace (the spider plant) and Hope (the not-so-philodendron) because after only 24 hours, they have already given me more of both. Funny what a houseplant can do for your morale, eh?

1 comment:

rachel said...

yay plants! i wish i could remember to water them and give them sunlight. i'm very bad to plants. it's sad. anywho, peace and hope sound lovely, i hope you enjoy them!